Monday, August 6, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!


Good Morning!


It was a great weekend so I figured I'd follow the trend for the last few weeks and link up to tell the blogosphere all about it!



Incorporating Color


The Good - I spent the weekend in North Carolina for my little sister's white coat ceremony for vet school. Yep, the same little sister who just got married a month ago. This summer alone she got married, bought a house, and started vet school. So proud of her.


The visit included both of these critters:


Apparently a Saturday at my sister's looks very much the same as visiting me, except there are different animals involved. 

The Bad - The trip to NC didn't start out so great. Flat tire drama. I left 4 hours later than I planned and then hit torrential downpours so was further delayed, meaning I didn't get to NC until almost 4am. I'm still tired I think. But, as I posted on Facebook, it could have been worse. I could have...

-Gotten a flat tire somewhere in the mountains instead of in my parking garage.
-Worked a full day and not discovered said flat until 6pm instead of at 2pm.
-Been in a strange city and not had awesome friends and coworkers to come help me.
-Spent way more than $19 to fix the problem.

-Not asked for an ETA after waiting for an hour and a half at Sears for them to patch said tire so could have waited even longer for a car that was already finished.
-Not been able to go to NC at all.


The Ugly - I think I'm mentioned before that I get sunburn extremely easily. I carry sunscreen in my purse and reapply at least once an hour if I'm in any way, shape, or form in the sun. Including while driving. SPF 30 every hour while driving should cut it, right?  Wrong.

Somewhat hard to see, but I'm fried.

The Uglier - I didn't burn evenly of course.

One shoulder is pasty white while the other is going to be purple tomorrow. Sucks.

Rikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...