Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cute Cat Overload


I know I have been missing in action lately. Things are just crazy and I haven't had time to write. This afternoon though, I spent an hour relaxing with my baby and I thought I'd let her share some thoughts. She's such a sweet little fluff ball and honestly, between her and LadyBug, they know better when I need a break than I do half the time. She wasn't wrong.


Without further ado, welcome Charlie for a bit of a "guest" post!


Hey Mom - you haven't been home much lately. In fact, you haven't been home much at all and I've kind of been missing you. Can we just spend an hour sitting on the couch?

I know you have a lot to do today but I really could use some quiet time.
I'll just sit here quietly while you catch up on some television. You won't even know that I'm here.
See Mom? I just want to cuddle for a little bit. You work all the time, and then you've been out having fun, and then you were traveling again. 
And your lap is so comfy. I'm just so happy you sat down for a little while.
Whoa, Mom. I heard the washer end too but it's not time to get up yet. Just sit here for a little while longer. Didn't you hear that tomorrow is my birthday? And all I want for my birthday is a little extra time to lay here. Can we do that?
I'm so lucky that you're home today. The house cleaning can wait.


My "Saturday Simplicity" idea is pretty much dead in the water. Mostly because I haven't had many simple Saturdays in the last few months and when I do, they are a day full of cuddling with my cats. I stumbled upon this Caturday series on Jessi's blog, Practically Functional, I love the idea so I figured I'd go with that today. What do you think? Should I change my series and "steal" her idea? Or just scrap the Saturday series idea all together?


Rikki

2 comments:

  1. yes. caturday. do it because it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always know exactly what we need when we need it most, it seems. Glad you got in some snuggle time with your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...