Friday, May 11, 2012

Favorite Things Friday (Road Trips)

First off, I am loving Favorite Things Friday.  In fact, I could probably just have an entire blog about my favorite things.  Oh wait... Too late.

As I mentioned last week, I spent last Friday driving to Wisconsin and last Sunday driving home.  This weekend finds me traveling to North Carolina.  While I am not driving alone on this trip, I sure am piling on the road trip miles.

And with that, I give you my favorite things about road trips... It'll be a quick one since I've been too busy preparing for Mom & Dad to visit and making all of these trips to put too much thought into it.


Beef Jerky - Kroger sells this awesome brand... which holy crap, you can buy online.*  Score!  Perfect car food.  It's "protein," it's not messy, and if I get stuck in my car due to inclement weather for five days it isn't going to go bad.

Cheese Curds - See last week's post and revel in the fact that I only ate 3/4 of a bag while driving back to Kentucky last weekend.

Reese's Pieces - My dad and I used to eat them at the movies.  Somehow they're also perfect car food.

A Great Playlist  - Ok really, I can't say much about this since I just used my iPod for the first time in months while driving last week.  But anything you can jam to - my go to's are Linkin Park, 3 Doors Down, and Incubus - or anything I can sing to - Dixie Chicks, Lisa Loeb, or almost anything put out from 1993-2001.

Podcasts Downloaded from iTunes - I subscribe to the New Yorker Fiction podcast and it's a life saver while making long trips.  Sometimes it's just nice to have background noise that also makes you feel a little bit intellectual.  Plus it's serving as fodder for a number of future blog posts that I'm kicking around.


Anything you can think of that I'm missing?


*Not so interesting side story.  I just Googled "kroger world beef jerky" because that's what I remembered about the brand.  And found it.  Google is amazing.  Except that one of the recent "key words" that people used to find my blog was "cat SATS" so of course I had to see why... and this is what I found.


Yep, that is definitely a cat that sat.  Spot on, Google, spot on.  Although I couldn't find that image when I searched even after scrolling through 40+ pages of images.  Whatever they were looking for, I hope they found something more interesting than Charlie sitting on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...