Monday, December 17, 2012

Thoughts From Monday


As I write this, it is Monday night.  It was a great day at work but I'm tired after not sleeping well Sunday.  I came home after work, warmed up some leftovers for dinner, poured a glass of wine, and am curled up on the couch with two little fluff balls.  I'm keeping the heat somewhat low in my new place to save on energy costs and it's a perfect excuse for lots of cuddling this winter.  You don't see me complaining about it...

It's officially winter here.  I forgot my mittens this morning and by the time I got to work, my hands were severely dry and chapped.  No amount of lotion throughout the day would save them.  By the time I got home tonight, the cuticle on my right hand was so dry and chapped that it was bleeding.  By January, I will be quite a mess.

While watching today's episode of Jeopardy, something I watch almost every day, I realized why I have never completed the Jeopardy test myself.  One woman competing this evening was virtually useless during the first round... on every question except those relating to booze.  She rocked the "Christmas Spirits" category, knowing answers such as peppermint schnapps and bourbon.  I know that would end up being me.

I'm getting a new mattress for Christmas (thanks Mom & Dad!) and need to pick out some new bedding.  I'm at a total loss for what I want to buy.  Apparently "something neutral that matches the carpeting" is trickier to find than I might have expected.

I have barely started my Christmas shopping.  I order the bf's present last night - thankfully I found a great price on the perfect present but that means I need to pick up something else that is small which might be very tricky as he's impossible to shop for.  I haven't done anything for anyone else though.  Something about this year doesn't feel like Christmas.  I think it's all the moving and changes.  my mind just isn't there yet.  Hopefully I get into the Christmas spirit in the next week.  Apparently the three Christmas trees in my house mean nothing.

I don't even know what to say about the tragedy that happened last week.  As I was writing this post, I watched the tribute on The Voice and sobbed like a baby.  What else is there to do?

(And that my friends is a very random post.  Just sharing my thoughts - both happy and sad - for the night.)

Rikki

2 comments:

  1. Random posts are usually the best ones. I've taken the Jeopardy test. Some of the questions were easy and some were really hard!

    Hopefully you get in the Christmas spirit soon! I understand what you mean... it hasn't really felt like Christmas to me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas has been hard for me to get into the last few years - the decorating and presents that the Mister and I share have always been fantastic and fun, but there always seems to be so much family drama that I'd rather skip it.

    I don't usually watch the voice, but your post intrigued me. Thanks to youtube my sinuses are now pretty well cleared out. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...