Monday, February 13, 2012

A Day for Love

If one more person asks me what I'm doing for Valentine's Day, I'm going to scream.  It's a bit ridiculous to think that I have time to do anything for Valentine's Day at all, much less that I have to be doing something in the first place. 

Isn't Valentine's Day about sharing time with those that you love?  Isn't it about telling people that they matter to you? 

I do that every day.  I learned early on that nothing in life is guaranteed.  That you don't know when someone you care about might not be there anymore.  I make a point to talk to the people who are important to me as often as possible.  I tell people that I love them and I live my life to honor those important relationships.

So what am I doing for Valentine's Day?  Probably the same as I do every night.  Calling one of my very best friends on  the way home from work.  Snuggling with my fluff balls.  Talking to my family on the phone.  Chatting with my other very best friend later in the evening.  Just a typical Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...