Friday, July 9, 2010

In the Middle of a Good Book... But a Bad Week

I have had a truly horrendous week.  I've been too exhausted at night to do much reading and my cat is driving me nuts so I can't even take comfort in cuddling with her.  I'm definitely a Debby Downer this week.

That being said, my life is going really well. 

I've been busy at work which means that I'm needed here.  And I really love the work I do.  Even during shitty weeks like this, I don't wake up in the morning dreading going to work.

I took a long weekend last weekend to visit my Nashville friends and while my life there is confusing - let's put it in book terms and say that I closed the book because I thought I was done with it only to discover that I wasn't and now I can't figure out what chapter I'm supposed to be on - I truly love some of the people I have met there. 

This weekend I'm heading up to Minnesota to visit those friends, many whom I haven't seen in quite some time.  I'm tired and grumpy but there's no way I'll stay that way when I get to see my favorite people!

Plus, I'm in the middle of the newest book by my favorite author and it's FANTASTIC.  I could devote entire weeks of blog posts to her and her wonderful novels but I won't.  Today I won't review anything.  Instead, I'll take some time to think about the things going on around me, finish the book I'm in the middle of, and start over next week.  Because next week has to be better than last week, right?  Hopefully this book is a sign that the next few weeks of books will be better too - I'm really sick of reading books that I don't really care for.  And I'm sure those of you who do read my blog are sick of hearing about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...