Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two Years Ago Today...

I have been so incredibly busy that I haven't had time to write, or read, or watch any movies, or do much of anything other than put out little fires.  Last week was the week from you-know-where at work... super busy, lots of meetings... but so far this week has been wonderful.  Thank freaking god.

What else is new?  A bad date, a dead refrigerator, Luisa in town (yeah!), a terror cat, and this morning, a popped front tire.  This week I'm seeing the bright side of things.  Last week, not so much.

The big thing for today is that two weeks ago today I moved to Nashville.  In two short years I...
  • made and rediscovered some lifelong friends
  • discovered the wonderfulness of red wine
  • fell in love
  • ate way too many late night steaks
  • got my masters degree
  • found a job I adore and am good at
  • moved again 
  • tried to fall out of love
  • adopted my Lady Bug
  • traveled much more
and all around, have grown into a person that I'm pretty proud of today.  I can't help but look back just two years and realize that where I am today is nothing like what I expected.  But it's a much better place than I could have ever imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...