Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Photobucket

I genuinely love Casey Leigh's gift of storytelling.  I read this post for the first time a few weeks ago.  I was trying to wake up for the day, coffee mug gripped in my hands.  It was my last day of work at the old job and I was needing a moment of calm before I embarked on my day.  As always, she delivered.  I ached to be able to write like this - weave a spell, set a scene, tell a story.



I stumbled upon a blog a while back that a remarkable woman writes.  Stephanie and her husband were in a terrible accident a few years back and yet her blog is full of hope, of peace, and of love.  It's an incredible reminder to be thankful for what you've been given and for persevering no matter what.  I read this post after a bit of a bad day when I was feeling sorry for myself.  So inspirational.





This post was the first I read on Oh Joy! but I knew I was hooked.  If you come to a dinner party at my house anytime soon (tough since I don't have a dining room table, but whatever), expect something similar.  So cute!  


Stop over and show these bloggers some love!

Rikki

4 comments:

  1. you are so sweet to me, totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all great recommendations - thanks rikki! (also why not do the picnic thing. tell guests it's byop (bring your own pillow to sit on).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you have a blog! This is great, Rikki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! It's always a work in progress but I like putting myself out in the world on a regular basis.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...