Thursday, December 13, 2012

Introducing: The Brand New Facebook Page

Let's all take a moment to think back a few years.  Let's choose... May 9, 2005... shall we?

Thinking back to that date for me and my friends, the topic of conversation was all about Facebook.
"When will we get it?" (Remember, this is back when you had to have a university email address to join)
"Will you join if we do get it?" (Not everyone did)
"Do your friends have it?" (Afterall, I went to a relatively small, somewhat obscure college so we certainly weren't on the short list of schools that were early adopters)
"What the heck is Facebook anyway?" (I think the website was actually still thefacebook.com back then)

May 11, 2005 - at least according to my timeline - I joined Facebook.  Since then, I think it's safe to say that the future of communication and relationships in general has been changed forever.  Not that I'm complaining.  I love that I can keep in touch with 1,000 "friends" - many who I haven't seen in years and some who I have technically never met.  There's an element of creep-itude about the whole Facebook thing as well but that's for another post.

All of this is to say that I finally bit the bullet.  Want to follow along with the blog even when I'm a little too busy to type out an entire post?  Click that little icon up in the top right corner - the one with the little F - and like me.  Please... I'll beg you.  I've been waffling on the whole "creating a Facebok page" debate for a while but I finally gave in and would love some validation that it was the right decision!

Rikki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...